I’m sitting on my reclining sofa. Heating blanket on my back. My dogs, trying so hard to steal it from me. It’s almost 10 am. I slept like shit. I have an OMT appointment today. I also have to pick up some muscle relaxers that I ran dangerously low of this weekend. That involves two hours at my military pharmacy. But really, my location isn’t the intention of the question “Where am I?”
I’m about to document my current physical and mental status so I can refer to it in 30, 60 and 90 days. I’m about to start this “Take Shape For Life” course today. The idea is to change your whole being…. Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, and Healthy Finances.
I’m excited about the food. I’ll be eating prepackaged foods that are designed to be perfect for my body. No. Crap. I’ll also have to make my own super healthy meals. I’ll eat six times a day to keep my blood sugar level. I may lose weight (I hope I do). I’m not on the super weight changing plan because my BMI is already where it should be. In January it was not, but I began counting points in February and managed to lose 15 pounds. Now I’d like to lose 10 more so I can feel my best.
My excitement extends beyond the weight loss. I’m excited to have more energy. Everyone I know that has been on this plan has explosive energy. This. Has. To. Work.
Beyond the physical changes, my health coach will help me create mindful habits. He will coach me through exercise. Although I’m pretty sure he won’t be able to help me through the pain. But, the pain may be lessened because of the high quality foods I’m putting in my body.
Soon, I’ll cycle off of the prepackaged foods and be able to eat cleanly after that. I’m being trained to make good decisions in all points of my life. Not just a crazy crash point system diet that I lost interest in and forgot about once I was in a restaurant. This should make me feel so good that I don’t want to eat poorly.
Here I am:
- 127 lbs
- 5’1″ (that won’t change but just in case the interwebs thinks I’m 6′ and have anorexia.)
- BMI 24
- Dry skin, dry and blurry eyes, constipation, poor digestion (slow emptying of my stomach) & bloated.
- Brain fog, slow thinking
- Major depressive disorder
- Major anxiety disorder
- Poor sleep
- Fibromyalgia (extreme fatigue, muscle spasm, pain, flu-like feelings, nerve pain)
- Pituitary tumor
- Thyroid nodules
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- Major sensitivities to meds
- I can’t taste or smell anything!
- Wake up exhausted
(I am not sticking my stomach out or creating poor posture. I was actually flexing my abs and standing normally. )
- Morning: Wellbutrin 100mg, baclofin 25mg, gabapentin 200mg, multi-vitamin, hair skin, nails vitamin, two cups of coffee
- Noon: Wellbutrin 100mg, baclofin 25mg, gabapentin 100mg, half of extra strength five hour energy
- Night: cabergolin .25mg twice weekly, Gabapentin 400mg, Atarax 25mg, acidophilus
- Give or take 600mg Motrin and half a tab of Percocet related to pain levels. I try not to take these drugs for obvious reasons.
- Battlefield acupuncture
- Short yoga about three times a month
- Biking about twice every two weeks. 7 miles per day average
- Walking to doctors appointments
- Small amounts of gardening.
- 1 cup of Lifebolt Green Goodness smoothie for breakfast
- Lunch… leftovers (see below) or tortilla chips
- Dinner… cheeseburgers, tacos, spaghetti or chicken and veggies.
- Starbucks a few times a week.
- Stumble out of bed around 8 a.m.
- Feed dogs, chug green drink or kefir, coffee and meds.
- Play video game until noon or go to a doctor appointment.
- Eat or skip lunch.
- Wait until husband comes home. Play video game while I wait.
- Eat dinner.
- Watch tv.
- Go to bed.
- I shower about twice a week now. Better than before. They are just so exhausting that I need to rest and recoup for about 5 hours. This is not an exaggeration.
So. I am here.
I’ve eaten my first meal (1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1 cup of milk) out of six. I’ve already heard from my coach this morning. He’s assessed my eating situation since my timing is off from sleeping in. He’d like me to eat every 2.5 hours instead of 3 just so I can get all my meals (fuelings) in for today. I already feel a tiny bit more awake than usual. So there’s that..
Off to the pharmacy and OMT!